Julia Maria Koch • Laura Garcia Aguilera
choreography: Julia Maria Koch
dance Laura Garcia
music: “Hoerdur Mar Bjarason”
composer: Hoerdur Mar Bjarnason
Julia Maria Koch is a dancer and choreographer, who has worked internationally as a performer with renowned companies such as Staatstheater Darmstadt,Dance Theater Robert Solomon, Operahouse Liceu Barcelona, Festival Castell de Perelada, La Veronal, Flamencos en route, Compañia Plan B, and others.
As a choreographer she has worked as a movement consultant for Ridge Theater at the Brooklyn Academy of Music ( BAM) and has presented her own work, which includes three evening-length productions,one short formate piece , one long solo and one dance-film in international venues and festivals,e.g. in the Baryshnikov Arts Center( BAC) of New York City, the Sant Andreu Teatre( SAT) in Barcelona, the Uferstudios in Berlin, in the Teatro Conde Duque in Madrid, the Sarajevo Winter Festival 2016/ Sarajevo, The Great Hall of the Bibliotheca Alexandrina, Alexandria, Egypt and many others.
She has obtained her title in Choreography at the Conservatory of Barcelona, Institut del Teatre, in 2011.
Since 2014/15 she colaborates in Berlin with the award-winning composer Hoerdur Mar Bjarnason from Iceland and a stable group of international dance artists.
With her dance / artfilm " Solarliod" she was invited to POOL 15 international dance film festival Berlin, the Moving images Festival in Nicosia, the International dance film Festival in Bucharest , the Screenmotion Festival in London , the DanubeVIDEOARTfestival in Grein/ Austria( 2016) , Loikka Festival/ Finland 2016 and Femcine/ Santiago de Chile 2016 and was a finalist at the 7th Screengrab Media Award in Townsville, Australia and the Arte Laguna Prize 2016 , where she received the special prize! ( participation in Art Nova 100/ China ( 2016).
With the short piece „ Charon“ the company got invited to the 29th edition of Certamen Coreografico de Madrid/ Spain in December 2015 and the Sarajevo Winter Festival 2016 and got selected for the prestigious network: REDACIELOABIERTO with several festival participations involved in 2016 throughout Spain. ( Cadiz en Danza, Cuadernos escenicos/ Tenerife, Dantza Hirian, San Sebastian)
„ Charon“ is also invited to the international festival Quinzena de danza de Almada/ Portugal in October 2016 and is selected for the Choreographic Competition in Sabadell/Estruch 2016
The Solowork „Zenit: Nadir“ was part of the oficial selection for the Solo-Tanz-Theater-Festival Treffpunkt am Rotebuehlplatz/Stuttgart in March 2016 and will also participate in the choreographic competitions of Festival 10 Sentidos, Valencia/Spain 2016 and the Gdansk Solo Dance Competition 2016/ Poland , both in june 2016.
The piece was also in the oficial selection for the Choreographic Competition in Burgos 2016.
With the evening-length dance-piece „ Hither and Thither“ they were guests at the Alexandria International festival for contemporary Theatre in april 2016.
For august 2016 they are selected with „ Hither and Thither“ for the first edition of the International festival for contemporary dance in Mexico City, Mexico.
They are also guests at the SoloDuo Festival in may 2016 in Cologne/ Barnes Crossing with a duett from „ Hither and Thither“ called „ The second day“.
Throughout the year 2016 the company was and will be hosted in three different residency programs for their new creation 2016.
The residencies are inTorino/ Italy ( Stalkerteatro) , Madrid/ Spain ( Alcala de Henares/ LSD Movement Program) as a prize at the Certamen Coreografico de Madrid, and in Heidelberg, Choreographisches Centrum/ Germany .
Laura Garcia Aguilera
- Diploma specializing in contemporary dance from “Institut Del Teatre”
(Barcelona, Spain). (2006-2010)
- Scholarship in contemporary dance from the Junta de Andalucía in the Centro Andaluz de Danza (C.A.D) (Sevilla, Spain). (2005-2006)
-Selected dancer for the 2016 DV8 Physical Theatre's Development Project in Berlin with Hannes Langolf and Ermira Goro in Ufers Studios. (Berlin, Germany). (2016)
- Dancer in different pieces of the choreographer Julia Maria Koch as "Zenit: Nadir”, “The Second day” "Hither and Thither", “Charon “and “Determined from brightness” within the residence program of the Choreographic Center of Heidelberg (Germany), the CAOS office of Torino Stalker theater (Italy)and LSD Movement (Spain). Performing in several festivals like International Sarajevo Winter Festival, Alexandria International Festival, Cádiz en Danza between others (2016-2015).
-Finalist in the 8. Gdansk Dance Festival-Solo dance contest (Poland), International Dance Festival SoloDuo NRW+Friends 2016(Germany), 20. Internationales Solo-Tanz-Theater- Festival Stuttgart(Germany) and 29. Certamen Coreográfico de Madrid(Spain). (2016-2015)
- Dancer in the “Deine Schoenheit” piece by Reveriano Camil in “TUFA”, (Trier, Germany). (2015)
- Residences and openings in the Scenic Art International Festival "NOCTE2014" and “Joves Ara Circuit
Festival” in the company "Tricotage" by Daniel Fernández. (Barcelona, Spain) (2014)
- Dancer of the company “Plan B” under the artistic direction of Arantxa Sagardoy and Alfredo Bravo with four productions “Job, una reflexión sobre espiritualidad y fe”, “Las criaturas de prometeo”, “Arena” and “La bella durmiente”. (2011-2014)
- Dancing in colaboration with "La Veronal" with a piece about Picasso’s life choreographied by Marcos Morau in "Casa Lizalde" (Barcelona, Spain). (2013)
- Dancer of Gran Teatro del Liceo (Barcelona, Spain (2012-2014)
- Dancer of the company “Ibidanco” under direction of Emmanuela Torres with the performance
“Emotions” (Illes Balears, Spain). (2013)
- Dancer integrant of “Amigos de la Ópera de Sabadell” in the ballet “Aida” (Spain). (2012)
- Dancing in colaboration with "La Fura dels Baus”, by Hansel Cereza (Barcelona, Spain). (2010).
- Final workshop with choreography from: Maxime Iannarelli, Annabel Bonnery, Shlomi Bitton, Gustavo Ramirez, Nataly Libiano, Claudi Bombardó and Sonia Rodriguez Ramon Oller (Barcelona, Spain). (2010)
- Finalist of the 8th Choreographic Competition of “Burgos New York” and 4th Choreographic Contest of "Struch" with a piece choreographed by Bebeto Cidra "C/ Ubrit, n 9". (Spain) (2008)